Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

C5 Vette Clutch suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 08:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default C5 Vette Clutch suggestions

Hey guys,

Well we finished the mods in my sig and after about a week and a half of some mild abuse she is starting to slip. Nothing horrible but I figure its best to replace it now.

If I keep the car longer than the rest of the vehicles I have owned it will eventually have a big cube LSX, or some sort of forced induction (if this engine pops)

When I built diesels, we always used dual disk clutches, so that is what I am leaning toward. Usually you can get a higher capacity (hp and tq) and better driveability out of them than a maxed out single disk.

I have been thinking about the following clutches/brands have been suggested but I have never used any of these:

Mcloud RST
Textralia
Monster
RPS (yikes didnt realize these are $2,000+ I am taking this out of the running!)
Mantic

I want soemthing that can take daily driving, and the occasional trip to the track.

Any suggestions for other upgrades while I am doing the clutch would also be appreciated!
Old 05-31-2012, 01:34 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We offer a number of Single-Disc and Multi-Disc options that will easily handle daily driving and track use too. Of course, the best options is relative to the amount of torque you make now (and hope to make). By the sound of things you have some big plans! If you are like me, and would would rather be ahead of the curve when it comes to the clutch so you don't waste time or money doing the job twice, then it wouldn't hurt to opt for something that can provide you with functionality now and then! Take a look at the links below for details on our Single and Multi-Disc options and please let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks!

http://www.specclutch.com/cars/Chevy...te/1999/Single

http://www.specclutch.com/cars/Chevy...999/Super_Twin
Old 05-31-2012, 05:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i run the mcleod rxt in my 99 c5. the car is full exhuast with a supercharger on it, probably in the 530 whp range. I love this clutch, the pedal feel is just like stock, the engagement window is nice and smooth, its not like an on off switch. It holds the power nice, hasn't slipped yet and I drive the car to work everyday.

Quick Reply: C5 Vette Clutch suggestions