Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

while depressing clutch bleeding?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 09:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default while depressing clutch bleeding?

Ok I know there's many post on bleeding the slave while in the car and they say to make sure u fully depress pedal crack open then close, check and add fluid to master...

I've tryed that several times and still off a bit, so while slowly depessing the clutch pedal I opened and shut the bleeder valve before the pedal made full depress and now its like just barely off, and the car feels like its pulling and catching a lot better...

Is this way safe or any concerns while doing it this way?
Old 06-07-2012, 10:02 PM
On The Tree

subscribed
Old 06-07-2012, 11:47 PM
Staging Lane

Well you wont hurt anything that way but I find the most effective way of bleeding the clutch (or about anything) is to crack open the bleeder then fully depress the pedal then close the bleeder then release the pedal and repeat. It can take a while to get all the air out and after you think you have it all out you should pump the pedal a bunch of times to build the pressure back up fully. A good way to check that the clutch is fully disengaged is to jack the rear off the ground and start the car and put it in gear and if the wheels don't turn when the clutch is pressed in you should be fine.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:20 AM
On The Tree

Yes I understand Ur concept, the pedal is full depressed so uve built up pressure to bleed but as soon as u crack that slave Ur pressure drops quickly wereas the way I'm trying it u keep the pressure build up higher while opening and closing therefore giving less chance for any air to get back in
Old 06-08-2012, 07:52 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sheaadams86
Ok I know there's many post on bleeding the slave while in the car and they say to make sure u fully depress pedal crack open then close, check and add fluid to master...

I've tryed that several times and still off a bit, so while slowly depessing the clutch pedal I opened and shut the bleeder valve before the pedal made full depress and now its like just barely off, and the car feels like its pulling and catching a lot better...

Is this way safe or any concerns while doing it this way?
Just do this. 100% works...

1) 2 person job, helper and person under car to crack the bleeder.

2) Disconnect line, fill resivor, put line in a tin can, allow for gravity bleed. Keep filling from top, should get 99% of all air out.

3) Connect line to slave, top off resivor.

4) DO NOT PUMP the clutch pedal EVER.

5) Have helper push down and hold, thats it. Crack bleeder, then re tighten.

6) Have helper pull up the pedal, then push down/hold

7) Crack bleeder, re tighten

8) after the 3rd time, refill the res with fluid.

9) By the 4th or 5th time you crack the bleeder, re tighten, add fluid and see if the pedal has gotten firm. It should at this point. Done this on quiet a few cars. Stock Clutch Master, Ram (like stock), and Tick units and all work fine.

**When you check for firmness make sure the res is filled, with the rubber bladder thing, and cap is on, as this is needed.

Quick Reply: while depressing clutch bleeding?