Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch bleed

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 11:11 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch bleed

I just installed a new clutch and slave, and ive been trying to bleed it with no luck.

The fluid doesn't drop in the resivour but theres a ton of air coming out of the bleeder.

Any suggestions on whats going on?
Old 07-15-2012, 01:19 PM
Launching!

The accepted procedure is to hold the pedal down, crack bleeder, close bleeder, release clutch pedal. Repeat until done. Don't let the pedal up until the bleeder screw is tightened back down.

Other possibility: I had a 79 Camaro years ago that I replaced the entire brake system: hard lines, hoses, calipers, wheel cylinders, and master. I could not get fluid to come out of the bleeders at all. I ended up buying a vacuum bleeder to pull the fluid out of the lines. Perhaps a vacuum bleeder would solve the issue.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:55 PM
Staging Lane

yeah i know how to bleed it but thanks, i have a mighty vac and tried that too. nothing works. i cant get the fluid from the resivour to enter in the system. when i bleed it normally air just comes our of the bleeder valve. so my master is generating pressure, but i wont let the fuild into the system. any suggestions?

Quick Reply: Clutch bleed