Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch bleeding from inside the car...

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 10:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch bleeding from inside the car...

I'm in the middle of changing my clutch master and having issues getting it bled with the Mityvac. Did most of the work by myself yesterday, then had my girlfriend come pump the pedel to help bleed it and I've hit a wall. The pedal just feels awful so there has to still be a ton of air still in the lines.

I have seen mention of cutting a hole in the tranny tunnel inside the car to access the bleeder valve on the slave so one person can pump the pedal and operate the bleeder valve at the same time. Anybody have any pics on where to cut the hole inside the car?? I have searched and searched the site but can't find it.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:00 AM
Teching In

Woot!!! Nevermind I kept searching and found a thread of what I was looking for.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...-yourself.html

I am changing from a McLeod master to a Tick master. I am guessing they should both feel about the same right? At the moment the tick now just feels really, really stiff, and just doesn't "feel" right. Maybe it's cuz the pedal if further down (closer to the floor) than my stock or McLeod were.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:01 PM
Staging Lane

I don't know if its too late, but tick also sells an extender for the bleeder valve. You can avoid cutting a hole in the floor and bleed it by your self.

Quick Reply: Clutch bleeding from inside the car...