Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Hydraulic line length.

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 09:30 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hydraulic line length.

Can anyone point me in the direction of the correct replacement line between the master cylinder and slave cylinder?

My car is in the shop with clutch issues and this line has busted/broken somehow. At some point, it was replaced with a SS braided line I assume due to the headers. This is giving the shop fits as far as replacing it.

I think I'm just going to have them replace it with a stock line and then put the upgraded line on myself. Is it a terrible idea to use a stock line on a car with longtubes?

Secondary question: If this line has broken and completely firmed up the pedal, there should be no way to know if the slave or master need to be replaced until a new line is on and the clutch can actually be tested, correct? They are already saying it needs both before even fixing the hydraulic line.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:17 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What kind of car? We have some in stock and ready to ship!! Or give me a call at 817-750-2000
Old 07-26-2012, 10:24 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance
What kind of car? We have some in stock and ready to ship!! Or give me a call at 817-750-2000
I guess that would have helped. It's a 2000 z28.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:22 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rpinson
I guess that would have helped. It's a 2000 z28.
Argh!

I don't have the ability to get you the quick disconnect fitting so I can't make it. You may get with Joey at Tick performance, they offer that quick disconnect with their slaves so you would think they could do it. If they'll sell you the quick disconnect piece I can make you any line in any color and size you want. Let me know.