Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

HELP!!! swapping a 4l60e to a t56...

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 09:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!! swapping a 4l60e to a t56...

Im swapping my auto for a six speed in my 01 ss! what all do i need to change out????
Old 08-02-2012, 09:43 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I dont want to sound like a dick but please do a search on here. Theres 5459347 threads on this. I just completed the swap and basically you will need, a t56, clutch M/C, clutch with flywheel, shifter, pedals, tune, t56 crossmember, slave and a little wiring skills. Its not hard just time consuming
Old 08-02-2012, 09:57 AM
Teching In

I bought a parts car with a 6 speed and i was just wondering wat all i had to do to swap it in auto 01 ss
Old 08-02-2012, 12:12 PM
TECH Regular

i did it as a winter project and took my time and didn't skimp on anything . dropped my motor and drivetrain out to have room to install master cylinder. there will be a stud holding the automatic pedals that will have to be removed. to fit the master cylinder. by the way while in there go with a tick master you'll be glad you did. i pulled my seats and steering column to get to the pedals easier,console needs to come out to cut the hole. i too had a parts car and cut a big chunk out of the parts car tunnel to use the hole and glued and pop riveted it in overlapped about 1/2 inch all around. try and save what they call the number 6 boot that bolts to the floor. there is a reinforcing plate at the pedals in floor board of your 6 spd parts car you might need. tick master somewhat supports it. i didn't use it but i was not knowledgable at the time. i did'nt use my reverse lockout or my clutch switch. pictures and info on wiring are on ls1tech it's in the sticky auto to 6 spd swap/6spd to auto swap. hope this helps. i had the luxury of time and my garage,but i still was on my back alot. but boy was it worth it!!!! no more mushy slushy auto, not to be dissn' auto's but i've always liked 3 pedals for my application. i like rolling up behind 4N pieces of **** and dropping down to 4th at 80mph and smokin them, ya know the lexass,mercedes, peesans, etc.. i mean it's all about american muscle right? hope this helps. just gotta do it right once. the oldman.........

Quick Reply: HELP!!! swapping a 4l60e to a t56...