Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch bleeding help

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 04:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch bleeding help

This isn't the typical how to bleed, I know how to bleed and I have a tick bleeder. The problem I need help with is nothing has changed in the trans or clutch setup other than a minor surface on the flywheel. The slave is already shimmed with a spec shim. Got everything hooked back up and the drive train in the car last week, went to bleed it today. The first time I cracked it open it had a good powerful steam. Fiancé pumped it up held it cracked it open and less powerful. We kept repeating the process and each time it was less and less till now it's turned into a small dribble with no clutch pressure. I toped the reservoir off before but it hasn't gone down a bit.

Opinions?

Thanks guys!
Old 08-13-2012, 10:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Bump for some afternoon help
Old 08-13-2012, 10:26 AM
12 Second Club

I had a similar problem I bleed the master got it back. The quickest way to bleed a ls1 clutch is the following.

You need a vac pump mighty vac(most part stores rent these)
Goto a local hardware store and pick up a rubber stopper the same diameter as the opening in your resivoir.
Drill a hole in the stopper and insert fitting from vac pump in stopper. Pump -5 release -10 then release. Repeat process twice and then you should be good to go.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Bought a mityvac today and pumped on it till it was all brand new fluid with no difference in the pedal still stumped
Old 08-17-2012, 01:48 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Any luck yet?

If you need any further assistance call 336-719-0599.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well part of my problem was just about one of the stupidest newb type mistakes I've ever made. When I toped off the fluid the first time I left the rubber cup in. For some reason that I cannot figure out, I thought the cup had a hole in it and you just put fluid in it and it filled the reservoir. So I toped it off and basically just ran the reservoir dry like an idiot. Finallly realized my mistake and used the mighty vac to fill the system back up but I haven't had any one to pump the clutch up while I crack it so I still have no pedal.

I just haven't felt like messing with it lately I've been chasing down some mystery tick in my engine to no avail and have found it yet

Quick Reply: Clutch bleeding help