Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Light Clutch Options

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 08:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HioSSilver-what clutch model do you have? I have been looking a little more and everyone I find needs a flywheel
with a machined surface for the disc to ride on. Your setup looks like you are using a stock flywheel.

Also is the stock input 1 5/32x26??

Going to order some clutch parts in a couple weeks. Got a few things on my winter list that are coming first
Old 12-22-2012, 11:56 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If, for some reason, the 5.5" stuff falls through we offer both 7.25" and 8.5" twins and triples that have an incredibly low MOI which is what you want for autox/road race setups.

Give us a call!
Old 12-22-2012, 12:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 423 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by Turnin20s
HioSSilver-what clutch model do you have? I have been looking a little more and everyone I find needs a flywheel
with a machined surface for the disc to ride on. Your setup looks like you are using a stock flywheel.

Also is the stock input 1 5/32x26??

Going to order some clutch parts in a couple weeks. Got a few things on my winter list that are coming first
I use a tilton. I forget the part #. I meant to right it down when I had it out last. You will need a button to run it on. Yes I run the stock flexplate and stock splined input.
Old 12-23-2012, 02:26 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance
If, for some reason, the 5.5" stuff falls through we offer both 7.25" and 8.5" twins and triples that have an incredibly low MOI which is what you want for autox/road race setups.

Give us a call!
Do you offer anything for the LT1 guys though? I have heard good things about your LS1 clutches, but nothing for the LTx platform.

What do your small clutches weigh for all options? Do they have a flywheel, or bolt to a flexplate? Post some pics if you don't mind.
Old 12-23-2012, 02:32 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I use a tilton. I forget the part #. I meant to right it down when I had it out last. You will need a button to run it on. Yes I run the stock flexplate and stock splined input.
Thanks for the reply man. No big deal on the part #, is your clutch a twin or triple disc? And do you use metallic or organic discs, or both?

I'm thinking about getting a lightened flexplate while I'm in there and see how the setup treats me.

Quick Reply: Light Clutch Options