Heavy Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 09:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heavy Clutch

I have a 2000 z28 m6.
Bought it about 5 months ago.
Never driven any other f body before so i wouldn't know the difference but the clutch on this car is super hard to press, to the point where if im in stop and go traffic my leg get tired immediately haha.

Everyone that tries it out says its the hardest clutch they've ever felt
It has an aftermarket clutch on it as the previous owner told me, doesn't slip or anything it bites great.

But i was wondering if there's something wrong with the master cylinder or the slave cylinder that can be causing this?
Or are these clutches generally heavy?
Old 01-13-2013, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you will have to give more info on the clutch its been replaced with. My factory pedal feel is certainly not leg numbing, however it is a sports car and traffic will suck, this is a given
Old 01-15-2013, 02:30 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most LS based kits aren't excessively heavy but this can also be affected by the master-cylinder that is used. Larger bore cylinders will increase effort a bit and if you pair that with a plate that is already a little stiffer it may be the cause of what you are experiencing. You really need to know what Master is being used and what clutch was installed to have a better understanding of what you are experiencing.

Quick Reply: Heavy Clutch