Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Monster level 2/tick installed

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2013 | 07:22 PM
On The Tree

Default Monster level 2/tick installed

Well finally did my monster level2/tick master install on my car. New tob that came with the clutch, fresh Trans fluid. I bought the car with Trans problems, lock me out of every gear randomly till I pumped the clutch so on went the tick a couple months ago. Installed the clutch last week, everything went ok and I figured my clutch probs stemmed from a spec 3 that was down to the rivets. Well manually bled the system for about an hour and the pedal feels ok not spongey not even as hard as the spec. Well I take it out for a test and right away feel a vibration on my clutch pedal, I feel it slightly resting my foot on it and its gets a little worse depressing the clutch. Still having disengagement issues as well. I can feel when it wants to block me outta 3rd, just ride it out a couple seconds with the clutch depressed and it'll go in. Parked rowing through the gears it'll wanna block me out of 3rd and 4th straight from neutral, pump it maybe 5 times and it'll go in smooth, but right after it goes in smooth to 3rd it's hard to put it in 1st? Sorry for the long post, just frustrated with it. Does it seem like it still needs more bleeding? An hour seems like enough but maybe not. About the vibration on the pedal, what could it be the slaves new along with the tob from monster. Previous owner had the tranny built then sold it to me. Any help is appreciated before I pull the pos and go auto with it. Thanks
Old 06-30-2013 | 02:02 PM
On The Tree

Did you bench bleed the master tick?
Old 06-30-2013 | 04:51 PM
On The Tree

Yup, pedal was rock solid and had my brother put slight pressure on it and follow through while I cracked the check valve on the master. I'd close it wait a couple seconds then let him know it was time to release. Bench bled it for about 30 min, hooked up the line to the slave, same process and bled the slave for another 30ish minutes. The vibration on the pedal has me stumped. Hopefully it's minor, if not I might have a setup for sale soon
Old 06-30-2013 | 07:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a clutch master cylinder, and a monster stage 2 setup. I bled mine fore maybe 20 minutes tops. i dont have any vibrations at all, the pedal does need some adjusting, but each gear goes in smoothly. I also have the CAGS solenoid deleted.
Old 06-30-2013 | 08:45 PM
On The Tree

Yeah mines tuned out, when it shifts good it feels great. Realeses a little lower than before and my pedals set a little under my brake. Guess tomorrow I'll try calling tick and see what they think
Old 07-01-2013 | 02:04 PM
MFJ
11 Second Club

The vibration in the pedal is coming from the pressure plate. Trust me. I had it happen to mine. Don't drive it. Pull the tranny and inspect the fingers on the pressure plate and recheck that the pressure plate is torqued properly and seated all the way around. The vibration you're feeling is coming from the release bearing riding on the fingers of the pressure plate.

If you see any fingers that are lower or higher than the rest of them then you have found your problem. You shouldn't have any vibration at all in that combo.
Old 07-01-2013 | 05:23 PM
FormerVendor

First is the clutch fully disengaging? If not it could be from the improperly torqued pressure plate which would also cause the vibration. The height of the clutch pedal in relation to the brake pedal sounds like the tick could stand to be adjusted up some too to help things out.
Old 07-01-2013 | 05:58 PM
On The Tree

Wow, exactly what I didn't wanna hear. Good thing is I only took it around the block, just tired of being on my back half the day messing with it. I torqued everything according to sequence/spec and even gave it an extra final pass. And yes I've adjusted the pedal out a little more but I still have the vibration. Should have it out within this week as I have other priorties atm. Thanks guys, I'll keep my thread updated
Old 07-02-2013 | 04:37 PM
On The Tree

Talked to Chris i believe at monster this afternoon, tomorrow should have the Trans pulled so I can take a gander at the pp. if everything looks fine as in its seated/torqued might have to send it to em to get it tested. Thanks guys
Old 07-03-2013 | 08:22 PM
On The Tree

Update, pulled the Trans this afternoon. 3 of the pp fingers are lower than the rest I'll post up pics shortly. One is the worst and the other 2 are minimal. Tomorrow being a holiday I'll call monster on Friday see what my options are.
Old 07-03-2013 | 08:29 PM
On The Tree

Took the pics more towards the ends of the tips so it would be more noticeable, stupid iPhone was giving me a hard time focusing. Hope to get it going soon
Old 07-04-2013 | 11:43 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Titokang

Took the pics more towards the ends of the tips so it would be more noticeable, stupid iPhone was giving me a hard time focusing. Hope to get it going soon
Slight variances are not that big of a deal, there does seem to be the one that is bent pretty bad.

The reality is the vibration you're feeling is in the bearing/slave assembly. The bearing doesn't spin on the face of the pressure plate, the pressure keeps that from happening so the only thing rotating is the release bearing itself.

When you depressed the clutch did the vibrations go away? Give us a call today and we'll get this figured out.

Quick Reply: Monster level 2/tick installed