Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Need help deciding on a clutch

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 09:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
ill also add the monster feels great,and the guys at monster were backed up at the time,but once they heard the issue a 4 week wait time got to me in 6 days,some people have had great luck with spec,thats just what happend to me,good luck man ,like i said my monster has been beyond great,not one issue
So you have a twin disk? So does your monster clutch chatter? They did give me excellent customer service.
Old 09-14-2013, 09:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a Mcleod RXT and you can't even tell its there. I don't have big horsepower but clutch pedal feel is great. It doesn't chatter at all, and city driving is perfect. You can slip it, dump it, whatever. It it holds what they claim, you will love it.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:51 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by alexus6798
I have a Mcleod RXT and you can't even tell its there. I don't have big horsepower but clutch pedal feel is great. It doesn't chatter at all, and city driving is perfect. You can slip it, dump it, whatever. It it holds what they claim, you will love it.
A friend of mine is recommending the mcleod. big power is kind of a loose term. Im trying to push 700-800rwhp in a 2700-2800lb car. Will it hold? and that light of a car is more prone to chatter. What are your thoughts, will i have issues? I like the driving characteristics your describing. lol
Old 09-15-2013, 01:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Not sure about your weight level. My car is full weight. It shifts great and smooth. I love it. I'm glad I saved up and got it. I plan on having 600rwhp and from the research I have done, it shouldn't be a problem. I also got the billet steel flywheel. With your weight and engine and trans combo, you might want to contact Mcleod for recommendation.

Quick Reply: Need help deciding on a clutch