Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch decision

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 02:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch decision

I'm trying to decide on a clutch for the new setup in my 99 FRC. Should be very close to 500rwhp Na. Was leaning towards the center force dual friction. But maybe even the monster stg3. And lightweight flywheel. May even spray about 175 down the road but not very often. Any advise on which way to go. I already have a tick master cylinder and speed bleeder. Will need a new slave also.
Old 07-01-2014, 05:18 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JIMS SVT
I'm trying to decide on a clutch for the new setup in my 99 FRC. Should be very close to 500rwhp Na. Was leaning towards the center force dual friction. But maybe even the monster stg3. And lightweight flywheel. May even spray about 175 down the road but not very often. Any advise on which way to go. I already have a tick master cylinder and speed bleeder. Will need a new slave also.
The level 3 would work great for your setup. I would only recommend the 18lbs flywheel if you are going to do a lot of road racing. If your going to do more drag racing, I would recommend the 28lbs flywheel. Feel free to give us a call (817-750-2000).

Thanks
Old 07-01-2014, 06:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guess now is a good time to do the rubber couplers on the torque tube also. Or maybe on sold one and a rubber?
Old 07-11-2014, 08:55 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with Monster's suggestion - a Level 3 is right up your alley if you plan to spray in the future! It'll work great with your Tick Master and SPEEDbleeder Line, as well. We are a Monster retailer and we offer the torque tube bushings too: www.tickperformance.com

Quick Reply: Clutch decision