Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Issues with t-56 getting stuck

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 03:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Issues with t-56 getting stuck

Hey guys, I have a t-56 installed in my 69 camaro. The car has an ls1, the trans is a regular non-moded trans. I have the b&m short throw shifter and a luk clutch. Recently my trans became stuck, while backing in to my storage unit, the stick would move and the clutch would press but the car was still in reverse. My buddy said either my trans was going or my shifter needed maintenance. After jostling the shifter for a sec it freed up and drove normal again. He drove it around the block and suggested I may just need to ad fluid, he said it felt dry when he shifter. My next step is to try and fill the trans with more fluid and see what that does. I have never heard of anything like this previously and am praying my trans isnt bad. Another friend of mines suggests it may be the clutch master, what do you guys think, any advice? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-12-2014, 11:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe this was the wrong place to ask for help.
Old 12-13-2014, 05:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Getting stuck in a gear usually points to broken synchro keys, assuming a working clutch. Trans fluid level has nothing to do with it.

Quick Reply: Issues with t-56 getting stuck