Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

T56 installing problem (quarter inch gap)

Old 01-12-2015, 05:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T56 installing problem (quarter inch gap)

Quarter inch to having this tranny stabbed. Anyone hang up here before?

Pulled the bellhousing off the T56 and bolted this to the engine. Got the input shaft slid into the throw out and the T56 right up to the bellhousing except for the last quarter inch or so. The dowels on the bell will slip in and out just a sixteenth of an inch. Also got three bell bolts started

Thought it was the angle of the engine and T56 causing the input to hang on the splines or the pilot bearing. Jacked up the engine by the crank pulley. Tried to jack up the back of the T56, but it just wants to push up the engine and trans higher. Should I keep jacking up the back of the trans?

Already screwed up one throw out and pressure plate trying to get this installed. Really stumped right now.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got it. My dowels just got burred up slightly. Just needed a break and a clear mind.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryansbird
Got it. My dowels just got burred up slightly. Just needed a break and a clear mind.
That right there is the hardest part sometimes. All you want to do is get it done but stepping back can definetly make things way easier. Glad you got it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: T56 installing problem (quarter inch gap)