Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

wrench size needed for hyd. fitting

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 04:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wrench size needed for hyd. fitting

Does anyone know the wrench size needed to tighten the fluid line that goes into clutch from the M/C ( not the bleeder, the inlet that is just below the bleeder ) It's an 04 GTO trans, I believe we loosened it while changing to the tick set up. I would like to try to get a wrench on it to verify / tighten it up even if we have to make the tool, I just need to know what size the fitting is, any help would be appreciated ! I really hate to have to pull the trans to tighten that 1 fitting ! The car is a 53 Belair with the LS1 and trans out of an 04 GTO so it is a little roomier than under the GTO
Thanks,
Jim
Old 01-20-2015, 06:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,388 Likes on 877 Posts

Originally Posted by hutchjc1
Does anyone know the wrench size needed to tighten the fluid line that goes into clutch from the M/C ( not the bleeder, the inlet that is just below the bleeder ) It's an 04 GTO trans, I believe we loosened it while changing to the tick set up. I would like to try to get a wrench on it to verify / tighten it up even if we have to make the tool, I just need to know what size the fitting is, any help would be appreciated ! I really hate to have to pull the trans to tighten that 1 fitting ! The car is a 53 Belair with the LS1 and trans out of an 04 GTO so it is a little roomier than under the GTO
Thanks,
Jim
Jim,

The line from the MC going into the slave is an o-ring style that is retained by a pin. Or are you talking about the fitting that goes in that fitting:

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/more...049&cc=1423044

How do you even get in there when it is assembled?

Andrew
Old 01-21-2015, 08:58 AM
Teching In

yes it is the fitting that goes into that fitting, the one I need the size for is on the line that threads into to the fitting that you show, and yes it will be a bear to get to. I hope I can make a wrench to do it but need the fitting size, I know the bleeder is 11 mm.......
thanks for the help.
jim
Old 01-21-2015, 03:55 PM
Teching In

Got it 10 mm !

Quick Reply: wrench size needed for hyd. fitting