Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

broke back up light switch help

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 02:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default broke back up light switch help

My 04 gto is about to hit 100k miles. Ok so yesterday evening i began flushing my tranny fluid on my m12 t56. Got it all flushed out, applied some thread sealer on the drain plug. Got it back on nice and tight. Ok so i went to fill it through the back up reverse light switch. Took it off easily. I began filling it. All done with about close to 5 quarts. Here comes the bad luck. Im tightening the switch, overlooked the idea of it breaking because i didnt know it was hollow. IT BROKE IN HALF! Ok so i panic and i couldnt see a leak from the switch hole so im thinking maybe i can drive it without the switch i mean theyre just lights. So i take it around the block and get to my driveway and park. Tranny fluid trail everywhere. Its leaking. I stick my phone up there and take a picture. I can see straight through. I removed the bolt with an allen wrench thanks to a thread on ls1gto. I flushed it again and ordered a new switch. My question is, where the little ball/marble could be? At first i panicked thinking it fell in the tranny but i really dont think it can go through the bolt it lives in otherwise they wouldnt even design it that way. Im thinking when i took it for a spin it fell out . Maybe someone can ease my mind here sinse i all my gears worked perfectly with no weird noices. Can anybody offer some input?

Quick Reply: broke back up light switch help