Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

McLeod RXT weird problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 04:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default McLeod RXT weird problem

Hi,
I am located in Meddle East, English is not my first language so sorry for my weak language.

I bought RXT clutch 6921-04 to replace spec clutch on my car.

the car is nissan gu 4X4 with 5.3 ls engine turbocharged, transmission is stock nissan transmission with custom adapter using old school Chevy bellhousing and input shaft ( stock Chevy 10 spline ), ram 1550 flywheel, external slave cylinder .

I followed the instructions that comes with clutch kit but when I went to test the clutch I found that when I put the gear in first and slowly depress the clutch pedal the car wont move at all and pedal will stay at the floor.

I fitted a spring to the clutch fork to see if that will solve the issue and it did solve the pedal issue but the car won't move even when put it in first and and went underneath the car while its running in first and moved the fork away from the clutch and nothing changes and the car won't move , it looks like the clutch finger won't returned after I press the pedal.

If I press the gas slowly the clutch will engage and the car will move forward and the clutch will slips for a few seconds then after that the car will move without any slip even if I floor it until I press the clutch again to change gear the same scenario will happen and it won't engage until I gave it some gas. I tried to adjust the slave rod with no luck.

the car lunching and shifting was perfect before I changed the clutch, I just change it looking for more boost.

note : I have pedal stop adjusted before trying the fork travel so I don't think the excessive travel cause that.

what do you guys think?
thank you

Last edited by saleh660; 04-07-2015 at 04:48 PM.
Old 08-12-2015, 12:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

man thats weird. can you post some pictures of your setup?

Quick Reply: McLeod RXT weird problem