Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Another clutch bleeding thread, sorry

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 08:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Another clutch bleeding thread, sorry

I'm having issues when trying to get pressure in the clutch pedal.

brake down. all in a 350z.

I have a sikky wilwood master cylinder w/ the sikky braided lines. Going into a GM slave cylinder/throwout bearing(F-body), magnum T-56, Mcleod RXT clutch and flywheel. Stock nissan 350z clutch pedal.

Ok so with it all hooked up, master to slave & slave to bleeder.

I fill up clutch master reservoir, get under car with a cup of brake fluid. I have a buddy press in the clutch pedal, then I crack open the bleeder valve submerse into cup of BF and buddy starts pumping the clutch nice and slowly. Well been doing that for a couple of days and it doesn't seem to do anything. Air in line doesn't seem to go away.

Brake fluid doesn't/hasn't come out of the clutch master reservoir at all. With the bleeder cap off, line in a cup of BF and pumping the clutch pedal, fluid doesn't come out the clutch master reservoir. at a loss.

I have been messing around with adjusting the clutch pedal rod, seems the same weather the rod is extended or shortened.

The lines did get pinched when installing the trans, I wonder if the lines got punctured that's why I am getting air.

Last edited by 323z; 04-25-2016 at 08:24 PM.
Old 04-25-2016, 08:28 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can try something like in this video:

Or use a mityvac if you have access to one.
Old 04-25-2016, 09:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 306 Likes on 206 Posts

I have used a Phoenix reverse bleeder for years on difficult clutch bleeds...

Old 04-25-2016, 10:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the reply guy's.

I do have a mityvac and have looked at the video a bunch, only hic-up is the hole on my reservoir is on the side bottom not bottom bottom. It makes getting to it and creating a seal real hard. I have used/tried all the fitting. The rubber 90* boot worked. but after no more bubbles, pedal didn't feel any different.

looks like a little bit of brake fluid on the bottom of the bell housing, maybe weeping from the slave/throw out bearing.

This is drving me nuts. I am reading/researching 4-5 hours a night, for 3 nights now.
First I though it was because of a loose fitting. I disconnected the GM quick connect fitting and put the adapter fitting in. And thought after putting the pin back in that the new fitting felt a little loose, but to read that's normal.

KInd of at a loss as to why when I crack the bleeder open on the slave/throw out bearing and pump the clutch a handfull of times I get no fluid coming from the master cylinder reservoir. So it's not bleeding for some reason.

Quick Reply: Another clutch bleeding thread, sorry