Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

need help with clutch!!! stuck...

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 01:29 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need help with clutch!!! stuck...

ok, i know there's probably a million threads with "clutch pedal stuck" issues but i'm on limited to 5 minute internet sessions here at work... i took my car to lunch, did not notice anything unusual with the clutch. i go to get back in my car and i notice before i start it that the clutch pedal is not up to the top where it should be!? so anyway, i press the clutch pedal to see if it would return back to the top... no, it just went back part way... i pressed it again, and it started returning closer and closer to the floor. i took my foot off of it and watched and the clutch pedal was actually "pulling itself" to the floor. anyway, it's now stuck to the floor. i assume first i need to check the fluid and see if the system needs to be bled? correct? i have a ram clutch with an adjustable master cylinder... the setup does not have too many miles on it and my car was the one that did all the prototype testing for Ram. anyway, any other ideas would be appreciated...
Old 06-29-2004, 04:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Taking a wild stab at this I would say your master may be blown. I was told that with an adjutable master you should make sure the pedal bottoms on the start switch or you'll blow the master. Hope you figure it out.