Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

T56 First and Reverse Issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 01:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T56 First and Reverse Issue

Hello,

I have an LS1 swapped RX7 with a rebuilt T56. Recently had to drop the transmission and pull the clutch to get to the back of my motor for an issue. Well when we got it all back together I'm now having issues with first gear popping out and also reverse popping out. What could this be? Also previously I'd have to push my shifter all the way to the right than put a little muscle in it to get it over for reverse. This is not the case anymore. It wont push over any further than what you can without pressure. What could be the issue here? Thanks for any input!

Josh
Old 12-14-2017, 08:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe a bent shift rod. It looks impossible to bend but i have them bent
Old 12-15-2017, 07:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the response man! I think we figured it out. If i pull up my console area and shift it forwards it goes right into place. So something with how the boot is sitting is causing it not to go all the way into gear.
Old 05-31-2019, 03:45 AM
Teching In

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Popping out of first

I recently purchased a t56 and the guy had done a shifter relocation on it and says that in high rpm it pops out of first gear on him. Me personally I've never tore into a t56 and I'm needing some help as to where I might start looking. Any knowledgeable advice would be greatly appreciated thanks

Quick Reply: T56 First and Reverse Issue