Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Room to work

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2022, 09:04 AM
Launching!

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Room to work

Hey all. I doing a T56 swap on my 2002 trans am and I’m wondering If there is enough room to do the wiring once the t56 is in?? Will I be able to reach all the plugs and rout the wires nicely?? ( clearance between trans and tunnel for my hands) Im doing majorly of it my self. The shop will just put in the tranny, pilot bearing, rear main seal then car comes back for me to finish everything up Thanx.
Old 06-08-2022, 10:43 AM

Received 1,851 Likes on 1,152 Posts

If you can get the car high enough, yes. The only thing difficult to reach with the T56 in the car is the top two bolts on the trans to bellhousing surface. I use 2-Ft socket extensions to reach them.
Old 06-08-2022, 01:41 PM
Launching!

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Darth_V8r
If you can get the car high enough, yes. The only thing difficult to reach with the T56 in the car is the top two bolts on the trans to bellhousing surface. I use 2-Ft socket extensions to reach them.
Ok, I was just asking about reaching all the plugs to do the wiring on it once it’s in. I have a friend with a hoist that will help re and re the actual transmission. I’m doing the wiring later myself. So was wondering how prepare I need to be to do some
of it before the trans is in.

Quick Reply: Room to work