Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch Problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2004, 05:51 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch Problems

I bought a centerforce dual friction clutch for the 2000 Z, I tried to buy the reccomended slave for it but could find it nowhere, I gut the updated slave that is out now, 15046288. WHen I first put the clutch in it was a bitch to get it in gear and the clutch fully engaged about a 1/2 inch off the floor. I have bled it 3 times and it did the same. I now have about 1500 miles on it and it goes into gear fine and shifts fine under normal driving, but at the track it will not shift at WOT. The clutch still fully engages about an inch off of the floor. I called centerforce and they told me that the slave I have will work fine if I get an adjustable master cylinder. I talked to the shop where I purchased the clutch and they told me they have run into the same problem with some of their installs and they have found that some of the master cylinders have a bleedback problem and that they either replaced it with a new revised edition master cylinder or an adjustable master and the problem went away. I installed a new GM flywheel so no spacer was needed. I want to get this thing on the track so bad but since I can't shift at WOT what's the point?? Anyone else run into this and have they found a fic for it??? After the first time I took it to the track after the clutch install and found out it wouldn't shift at WOT, on the way home that night it starts grinding when going into 6th. It has done it every since that night, It goes into every other gear fine but when I shift into 6th it grinds for a second then drops in. This **** is getting on my nerves.
Old 08-22-2004, 10:50 PM
Teching In

What up red, Had the same problem with my install, you need and adjustable master, I called thier tech line, and the response was " It should of worked "
Old 08-23-2004, 12:45 AM
Staging Lane

Their a bunch of idiots, I am not sure about the adjustable master cylinder, I really think their is a bleed back problem on the old style GM master cylinders and the new master cylinder whether it is adjustable or the revised GM one will fix the problem. since the Ram adjustable master cylinder is about the same price as the GM version I will go with the Ram.
Old 08-29-2004, 02:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by red2000z28
I bought a centerforce dual friction clutch for the 2000 Z, I tried to buy the reccomended slave for it but could find it nowhere, I gut the updated slave that is out now, 15046288. WHen I first put the clutch in it was a bitch to get it in gear and the clutch fully engaged about a 1/2 inch off the floor. I have bled it 3 times and it did the same. I now have about 1500 miles on it and it goes into gear fine and shifts fine under normal driving, but at the track it will not shift at WOT. The clutch still fully engages about an inch off of the floor. I called centerforce and they told me that the slave I have will work fine if I get an adjustable master cylinder. I talked to the shop where I purchased the clutch and they told me they have run into the same problem with some of their installs and they have found that some of the master cylinders have a bleedback problem and that they either replaced it with a new revised edition master cylinder or an adjustable master and the problem went away. I installed a new GM flywheel so no spacer was needed. I want to get this thing on the track so bad but since I can't shift at WOT what's the point?? Anyone else run into this and have they found a fic for it??? After the first time I took it to the track after the clutch install and found out it wouldn't shift at WOT, on the way home that night it starts grinding when going into 6th. It has done it every since that night, It goes into every other gear fine but when I shift into 6th it grinds for a second then drops in. This **** is getting on my nerves.
I had the same problem tough to get into gear and I have a new master and new slave,new m6 trans,drill mod and flywheel. clutch has 6000 miles on it now,it felt like it was holding till I installed a new cam last week smoked it at the track, now it doesn't hold in any gear. CENTERFORCE, YOU GUYS OWE ME!!
Old 08-29-2004, 05:35 PM
Staging Lane

Mine works fine now that I replaced the master.