Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

decisions, decisions

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 12:03 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default decisions, decisions

hey everyone,

I am about to purchase a new shifter and didnt find all the answers i needed in my searching.

I am looking towards the pro 5.0 + LSS setup, yet i was wondering if it comes preset with the stops or do i need to do that.

Also, for someone who doesnt take their car to the track often and who doesnt abuse their tranny alot during daily driving would this really be worth it. Or would a LSS by itself be sufficient. The reason i am wondering is because, if it is worth it to get a whole new shifter, then i would like to do it now and save the extra money from switching out short sticks. (i am cheap, what can I say).

Also, i found many posts of people loving their pro 5.0's, but nobody really spoke about their ripper's and there was something mentioned like B&amp (what is this)?

thanks ahead for your comments

Last edited by Lucian; 09-07-2004 at 12:05 AM. Reason: sometimes you just dont make sense...lol
Old 09-09-2004, 02:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is no best shifter. Some guys are happy with the LSS and stock shifter. Other guys swear by their Pro 5.0. And yet, other guys like myself are content with the Ripper.
I don't have experience with the LSS or Pro 5.0 so I cant give an opinion on them.