Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Transmission problem???

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 04:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission problem???

Recently went drag racing and noticed at the track that I was having difficulty getting the car to shift to 3rd gear. This is the first time I had been to the track since I installed a new clutch, Spec 2/3 and a new shifter, Hurst. Had both installed with a 100 shot of nitrous and drove for about 2 months without using. While at the track just thought I was doing a shitty job driving but on the drive home I also noticed another anouance that has continued since that time. About 5% of the time at part throttle and 40% at full throttle the car will not go into fifth gear. I never had this problem before the night at the strip. WHile this problem has not got any worse it certainly has not got any better. I also feel as though I can no longer shift fast. My question is 1. Could I simply need a clutch adjustment or possibly different fluid in the tranny. 2. Could it be the new shifter? 3. Is it the synchros or a bent shift fork, and if so who is the best person to fix and what is a fair price? I live in Columbus Ohio. P.S. If it is going to require pulling the transmission I want to build it so it will not break again. Currently it is a stage 2 MTI Z06 with 100 shot. This winter I am going to build a 427 and spray it so what would handle 650 to 700 rwhp? Sorry this is so long just not sure what to do,Buzz
Old 10-11-2004, 10:48 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try bleeding the system again. This could be your problem.