Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

M6 help needed inside <~~~~~~

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2004, 03:21 PM
On the tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default M6 help needed inside <~~~~~~

I have a 01 Formula that is making around 350rwhp. It has been in the dealer too many times to list for the tranny and other related f-body issues. The tranny is at times hard to shift, most of the time will not go into revers with out lifting the clutch and forcing into reversa at the same time, the other day it went from 4th to 5th but was really hard to get into gear and then when I let out the clutch it was like in a false nuetral (between 3rd and 5th). I have a group of f-bodys I talk to here and one of them is a dealer mechanic and he said bring it in. So I brought it in theis monday and he looked at it. He said that if he took it apart that he is sure it would have damage, but GM is pulling the dont wanna pay crap as they are sending out a adjuster to look at and drive the car. The mechanic pulled the fluid out of it and said it looked burnt and smelled burnt, mind you this a manual car that GM specs call for auto tranny fluid in it. Right now as it stands I am 50/50 chance that they will or will not fix it.

Now my question??? what in the heck can I do during shifting and driving that will make the thing break to where any GM adjuster monkey will be able to see it is broken. I know they are playing the waiting game hoping the ext warranty runs out so they dont have to pay for it, but I am determined to beat them to the finish line. I have the GMPP ext warranty. Any advise or help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance...Sneakws6
Old 11-12-2004, 03:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well...in all honestly, I don't think purposely breaking the transmission is the way to go about getting things resolved. By purposely trying to break the transmission, you also risk damaging other parts of your driveline and possibly your engine depending on what you do. I say you go discuss things with the dealer more in depth and see if you can come to some common ground before you go out and try to kill your tranny. Just my $0.02.
Old 11-12-2004, 03:49 PM
TECH Apprentice