Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

New to LS1

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 12:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to LS1

I bought my 1999 WS6 in Oct. As I was driving it home i noticed something that bothered me. When I am driving in 6th Gear, and I want to downshift, the car will not allow me to go into 5th Gear. I have to go into 4th Gear and then move it back into 5th. Is this normal? I have never heard of this happening before. The car is stock.
Old 02-09-2005, 03:31 PM
Staging Lane

You sure you arent trying to go into reverse? its pretty close to 5th, try moving over just a little bit more towards 3rd. Do it at a slower roll so you dont rev it too high if you accidentally hit 3rd, you just gotta get used to it.
Old 02-09-2005, 07:49 PM
Staging Lane

I doubt your are trying to do reverse. While the car is in forward motion the reverse lockout sensor should be engaged. 5th would be a straight shot forward of sixth. How many miles on the car? Last fluid change?

Any noises when you try to put it in gear?
Old 02-09-2005, 10:37 PM
Teching In

Default not sure....

I am not sure when the last time the fluids were changed. I put it away as soon as the winter weather hit, and will take it back out and to the mechanic to replace/change all the fluids when the weather gets better. It just hit 99,000 so the fluids are due anyways. I have not heard any noises yet, but I will try to see if i can slide it easier into 5th (in case I have been trying to go into Reverse). Once the snow is off the ground, I'll check it out. Anyone else have any ideas?

Quick Reply: New to LS1