Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Tranny problem...Time to rebuild!?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 11:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny problem...Time to rebuild!?

Well I installed a spec 3 with a new flywheel awhile back, but I did not rebuild the tranny. The tranny has just under 108K on it and now it 2nd, 3rd, and sometimes 4th gear grind! I know its time to rebuild, but what the hell do I need? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 03-12-2005, 12:40 AM
9 Second Club

Start off with a Basic rebuild kit. It comes with= Includes 1st and 2nd three piece synchronizer rings, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th carbon kevlar synchronizer rings and brass reverse synchronizer ring, front and rear seals, rear tail housing bushing, shift fork pads, synchronizer keys, retaining rings and shifter bushing. Application for GM, Ford & Dodge Viper. These parts do NOT fit the Corvette T56 transmissions.

Then since your in there go ahead and get a T56 Shift Fork 3-4, Steel.

And inspect all the gears and the syncro Assemblys. I posted in the other thread the parts and overhaul manual for a reference. You can get all the parts here http://www.thegearbox.org/pages/1/index.htm They are legit. You dont have to worry about getting ripped off That is what I bought for the basic overhaul my buddie did for me. Well I had to buy some other things but if it just barley grinds I would start with that.

Joe M
Old 03-12-2005, 08:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
Start off with a Basic rebuild kit. It comes with= Includes 1st and 2nd three piece synchronizer rings, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th carbon kevlar synchronizer rings and brass reverse synchronizer ring, front and rear seals, rear tail housing bushing, shift fork pads, synchronizer keys, retaining rings and shifter bushing. Application for GM, Ford & Dodge Viper. These parts do NOT fit the Corvette T56 transmissions.

Then since your in there go ahead and get a T56 Shift Fork 3-4, Steel.

And inspect all the gears and the syncro Assemblys. I posted in the other thread the parts and overhaul manual for a reference. You can get all the parts here http://www.thegearbox.org/pages/1/index.htm They are legit. You dont have to worry about getting ripped off That is what I bought for the basic overhaul my buddie did for me. Well I had to buy some other things but if it just barley grinds I would start with that.

Joe M
HUGE help! Thanks bro!
Old 03-12-2005, 08:39 PM
9 Second Club

No problem