Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Centerforce installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 10:29 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Centerforce installed

just had my engine/trans out of my 00' ss, put a hot cam in and had some head work etc... I also put a new centerforce dual friction clutch in. The thing hooks up like a bandit, but is making some odd noises. those little weights or whatever they are on the pressure plate i believe rattle, anyone else know anything about this? can you take this part off? or what does it even do. Kinda sounds like a threw a bunch of marbles in my exhaust, and it doesn't do it while engaged. Whatever i'll just turn the radio up...
Old 03-30-2005, 06:40 PM
Teching In

putting in same clutch this weekend hopeyou get reply
Old 03-30-2005, 07:27 PM
10 Second Club

i've been driving the car alot now, and i've only heard this clutch once. I was banging the **** out of every gear, and i let off before i hit 4th and i heard it a little bit. other than that its awesome, great gripping power
Old 03-31-2005, 12:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Lastoria24
just had my engine/trans out of my 00' ss, put a hot cam in and had some head work etc... I also put a new centerforce dual friction clutch in. The thing hooks up like a bandit, but is making some odd noises. those little weights or whatever they are on the pressure plate i believe rattle, anyone else know anything about this? can you take this part off? or what does it even do. Kinda sounds like a threw a bunch of marbles in my exhaust, and it doesn't do it while engaged. Whatever i'll just turn the radio up...

Actually the little weights are supposed to spread out more under high rpm and increase clamp-load. However, they only increase the clamping force by around 1%, which is null in my book. You can take them off without sacrificing performance or reliability. It will just eliminate the annoying noise. You may have to cut the ring that holds them all together. I took the weights off mine and will be installing it within a month or so. Good luck to you
Old 03-31-2005, 01:03 PM
Teching In

I pulled them off of mine when it was installed - I've had the clutch for about 45,000 miles now and it's still holding strong... I guess the weights are just a gimmick.
Old 04-08-2005, 10:17 PM
Teching In

they work great 4 meno noises from weights they r 4 clamping power keep them