Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Shift problems Help?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 08:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Shift problems Help?

I have read through the other forums and searched my problem but want some of you experts out there to give me an opinion on my specific problem. my 98 z was getting really had to put into gear and recently i havent been able to shift fast cuz it would catch. If i shifted in the spots where normally you could get by w/o using the clutch, it shifted smooth like butter. otherwise it was hard and got really noisy when i would depress the clutch. I just dropped the tranny and my pilot bearing was chewed up and kinda broken. I finally got it out after 45 min of messing with it. Do you think this was all my problem was? im updating the slave, did the drill mod, and debating on haveing the tranny overhauled while i have it out. Do you think the new clutch,hydralics,and pilot bearing will solve my problems on a 73000 mile car or should i have it rebuilt just to be on the safe side? Thank you guys in advance.
Jeff
I know you cant really tell about the tranny until you open it up but when you spin the mainshaft on back and forth, it has some play from forwards to backwards. not up and down though!