Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Wrong flywheel?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 06:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wrong flywheel?

A friend of mine and i were converting my A4 car to an M6 this weekend and we ran into a problem. We got to the point of installing the transmission and when we tried to set it into the bellhousing it just would not go in all the way. It kept coming up a half inch short no matter what we tried. So we got the tranny out of the way. Took the bellhousing down. Took the pressure plate and clutch off and to find that the problem was the flywheel. It is exactly a half inch to thick. I do not have a regular 5.7 in my car. I have a 6.0 out of an 02 silverado. We think that the flange on the back of the block where the crank is is longer. Has anyone had this kind of problem and if so what flywheel do i need to get.

Thanks
Brent Pellman
Old 05-22-2005, 10:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have ran into the same problems with my 4.8 in my 2000 Silverado. I had to use my stock flywheel and I am working on which clutch is needed right now. I had to use spacers for the transmission. I ended up going with 3/4 spacers from mcleod of cali. The crank is too long for a ls1 flywheel.