Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

tranny mount?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 10:24 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tranny mount?

Was driving the other day, came to a complete start, and when I started to accelerate again there was a really loud, deep thump... Now it happens everytime I start accelerating from a stop, or when I'm coasting and them give it some gas..... My thoughts are tranny mount???? agreed?

Whats the easiest way to check/change tranny mount? if I crawl under the car, am I going to know what I'm looking at? haha..
Old 06-09-2005, 10:43 AM
Launching!

Stock drivetrain?
Old 06-09-2005, 11:00 AM
12 Second Club

Go to www.installuniversity.com Look at their install guide for a tranny mount if you need a pic to understand what I'm saying... Put the front of the car high enough in the air you can get under it. Take a floor jack and put it under the transmission where the tailshaft bolts to the tranny. It will be a pretty thick looking section. Jack it up just enough that you see the tranny lift just a bit. Then you should be able to see if the tranny mount is cracked. I'm betting it is.

Install is pretty easy. I happened to come across a poly tranny mount for mine at the local Auto Zone last weekend for cheap, so I bought it and installed it in my driveway with nothing for lighting, but a flashlight. It's pretty easy to do. I definitely recommend the poly mount as a replacement. Much better feel over stock.