Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Going with a Jericho

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 08:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going with a Jericho

Has anyone done this swap? A friend of mine can get me a Jericho for around $1800. He works for a NASCAR team. He told me it's gonna run around $2500 for total parts, including the tranny. Any custom fabrication he can do himself. Is there any reason I shouldn't do this? I'm going from an A4 btw. I have a tuner to flash the computer. Will the car drive at all before the computer is flashed?

Anyone need a 4L60E and a Vigilante 3600?
Old 06-15-2005, 09:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the SAM car has a 4 speed jerico. runs pretty decent. damn expensive but whatever floats your boat.
Old 06-15-2005, 09:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

The only negative thing I can think of beside the cost is you won't have an overdrive. I have seriously considered doing this.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:13 PM
TECH Regular

do you really need one? a lot of people have used a stock t56 for power levels higher than yours
Old 06-16-2005, 01:08 PM
Launching!

It's not gonna cost me anymore than it would to swap a built t-56 in it.

Yea, I'm aware of the no OD. I think I can live with it though, seeing as how I usually only do city driving.

I'm sure a t-56 would hold up well, but I might as well throw in a bulletproof tranny for the same price as the t-56. I figure at least that way, when a 12 bolt goes under it, I can launch the car w/o worrying about much of anything. I hope to pick up a good amount of hp/tq just by doing this swap. The stall and auto really ate up a ton of hp.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im seriously thinking about doing this with my new 408.I buid transmissions such as jericos ,Tex Racing and Rankins on a daily bassis Im thinking of using a Tex SR1 4 speed with an internal centered shifter for my application. You dont have to lose overdrive there are a few options avalible depending on how much 1st and second gear you are willing to sacrifice. Im looking into a 2.77 1.65 1.0 .83 set up for my car just to get going then I'll change the ratios to tune on the car. you have to be careful when building something not to get your splits to wide or the transmission wont shift as nice and as fast as their capable of.. A non shynchro trans is not much fun to drive on the street their awful noisy and like lurch around depending on the RPMs your turning.The output shafts are TH400 size to you can buy a reluctor wheel kit from Yank that will allow you to run a electric speedo. Get a Long shifter(G force) the Hurst ones suck..The only problems I have is trying to find a good SFI bellhousing clutch (1 5/32 26 spline) and what type of hydros would be best.... maybe we can all help each other out.

Quick Reply: Going with a Jericho