Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

I have an interesting problem.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 01:33 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have an interesting problem.

I was giving someone a ride the other day and got on it in first gear. I fully clutched in, pulled the shifter back and let out on the clutch...and hit the rev limiter. I wasnt quite sure how i missed 2nd gear, but I tried it again. same result. I pulled over to see what was going on and my shifter would NOT go into second gear. It didnt make any noise whatsoever but it acted like it just hit a wall. After a little bit it just went it like it always does and shifted fine. Every now and then it will do the same thing where it just stops and wont go into 2nd. More often than not it will shift beautifully without any issues whatsoever. Any ideas?

It does have the stock clutch and I use a Pro 5.0 shifter. I checked the stops on the shifter and they are not hitting. Im sure the clutch could use upgrading, but it doesnt act like it is completely shot. It drives normal for the most part.
Old 07-06-2005, 07:59 AM
wrencher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Time for a trans overhaul, likely. It is the collar, sliderkeys something along those lines. Not an easy answer there w/ the trans in the car.