Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

spec 5

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 07:48 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Dustin Butt's is 100% correct. People think they get these high performance clutches and they can slip the hell out of them on the street.--Nope.Clutches are made to hold the power when clamped,not slip alot because the engine needs alot of rpm to avoid bogging.
Old 07-23-2005, 05:39 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dustin Butts
Well friend, Spec seems to be the one saying not to slip it, according to necro's post. You can drive any way you wish. I'm just telling you what I do and what has worked for me. You're right however, advertising can be misleading and sometimes an outright lie.
PERSONALLY, the jury is still out for me on the Textralia. It may be the perfect, streetable, hi-po clutch. Time will tell.

Love y'all
D
You are absolutely correct. SPEC mentioned that to me as well when I had the SPEC 5 in my car. I never really drove my car that much, but when I did people thought I was being an *** by popping the clutch or waiting till there was enough space for two cars to fit b4 taking off and one time I almost got a ticket for exhibition of speed because I avoided slipping the clutch. My point was to the new guy who is reading this. A Aussie or Spec 3 clutch would be just fine for the majority of your horsepower needs and you dont have to worry about killing the clutch if you slip it every now and then.
Old 07-24-2005, 08:21 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haahahahaa...I know exactly what you mean Vince. I've just learned to live with it for now. It's very difficult it seems to balance a powerful car that is street driven, especially an M6 car. There are definite compromises. How is your current clutch doing with that 760/890 N2O combo? I still haven't sprayed mine yet. I hope she holds...
Old 07-25-2005, 09:50 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VINCE
You are absolutely correct. SPEC mentioned that to me as well when I had the SPEC 5 in my car. I never really drove my car that much, but when I did people thought I was being an *** by popping the clutch or waiting till there was enough space for two cars to fit b4 taking off and one time I almost got a ticket for exhibition of speed because I avoided slipping the clutch. My point was to the new guy who is reading this. A Aussie or Spec 3 clutch would be just fine for the majority of your horsepower needs and you dont have to worry about killing the clutch if you slip it every now and then.

Vince I changed to a stage 5 because a 3 would not hold launching with slicks and spray. I don't drive the car on the street that much, but if you make more than 500 hp and launch hard I wouldn't use a spec stage 3.

Quick Reply: spec 5