Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Help Bleeding Clutch!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 03:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Bleeding Clutch!

I've got a vaccum hand pump thing, and i've got a lot of the pressure back into the clutch but not enough i dont think.... still hard to get reverse but its not grinding now... anyways, on the mcleod install sheet they sent with my master cylinder(and also got 01+ slave cyl), it says its easier to reverse bleed it, i need some advise on how to do this?
Old 08-04-2005, 08:52 PM
Teching In

I believe reverse bleeding is when you push the piston into the slave cylinder (with bleeder valve closed) and that will force air up out of the system through the reservoir. Be careful though, you may get a geyser. lol

I've also been able to bleed the clutch by closing the valve and pumping the clutch until bubbles stopped coming out the reservoir. You may have to play with the lines some to get air pockets to flow up, but it can be done.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:03 PM
wrencher

If you have the McLeod adjustable master the adjustment is also imprtant. I have also seen those things be bad right off the shelf.
An overhaul they all need sooner or later. Do a search on McLeod master's rebuilds.

Quick Reply: Help Bleeding Clutch!