Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

is it a hydraulic issue?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 03:19 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is it a hydraulic issue?

the clutch wouldnt disengage... i check the fluid level its low... so i bleed the clutch and put more fluid in... the cars totally fine for the ride down the street... than bam the car gets stuck in gear again.... and clutch wont disengage.... could this possibly a bad slave cylinder? funny part is that the new slave is decently new
Old 10-22-2005, 02:15 AM
Staging Lane

Default Pretty much same problem??

Bled mine 2000 SS worked fine then clutch won't disengage, pedal all the way to the floor very hard to put in gear, take foot off brake and car starts creeping forward like its an automatic??? I'm thinking its the slave or master, I'm gonna swap out both on Monday unless someone tells me different! Have info on master install and drill mod from installuniversity.com but nothing as of yet on doing the slave?
Old 10-25-2005, 01:35 PM
Launching!

TTT im having same issues
Old 10-25-2005, 11:52 PM
TECH Regular

I also am having similar issues. first I noticed dificulty going into next gear when shifting like the sincros werent working or something, then the next day it wouldnt go into gear. only way to get it in is to turn off the car put it in gear then start it in gear. doesnt want to come out of gear either. I bled the system and no difference. I have 500 miles on my Textrallia setup and drill mod done same time. worked fine till yesterday. Im hella pissed. and I am sick of working on this POS. oh yea and before I did the clutch when I had all stock stuff (plus turbo) the clutch would stick on the floor and not disengage after a WOT run. pedal hasnt stuck to the floor however since I took off the turbo. ????
Old 10-26-2005, 12:44 AM
Staging Lane

Default Ready to trade my POS!!

I did the drill mod swapped in a new GM master and '02 slave bled the **** out of it. And have the same problem, as before I spent the money and time working on it. I gave up and took it to a trns shop to see what they can determine, after I told him what was happening and what I had done already," He says ,Maybe its the pressure plate." Why the hell would that just go bad?? No racing except for some spirited driving. I'll post when I get it fixed or trade it
Old 10-26-2005, 12:45 PM
On The Tree

I have the same issue
Old 10-27-2005, 12:16 AM
Staging Lane

Got the car back from the shop. Same **** they say its the pressure plate? I'm gonna make the new GM Master adjustable and see if it works before tearing it back apart and putting in a new LS7 clutch set-up.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:27 PM
Staging Lane

Default Stock adjustable master a success!!!

Well guys I made the new stock master cylinder adjustable and it fixed my problem completely, car feels better than new, mityvacing the reservoir worked alot better for me than bleeding the slave. Here's what I used to make it adjustable only thing i did different is have a jam nut on each side of the coupler and didn't shorten the rod any. https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...aster+cylinder
Old 10-31-2005, 10:04 PM
Restricted User

You will find that if you do it all correctly during a clutch install you will not have near the problems.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-transmission/402978-spec-stage-3-does-don-ts.html

Quick Reply: is it a hydraulic issue?