Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch hydraulics problem?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 05:31 AM
Teching In

Location: Fort Mill South Carolina/Charlotte...home of NASCAR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch hydraulics problem?

I have had this annoying problem for some time now on my 2000SS M6 and it has me scratching my head. Whenever I first start my car in the morning, the car will move a few inches momentarily with the clutch depressed if I start it with the transmission in gear . If I start it in neutral, I have a lot of difficulty getting it into gear. It seems like a classic case of clutch drag to me. The baffling thing is, the problem goes away almost immediately after start up. Within a minute or two, the car goes into all gears easily and there is no further sign of "drag". BTW, my clutch engages an inch or two off the floor.

The fluid is at the proper level in the clutch reservoir. I have also tried pumping the clutch pedal to see if the hydraulics are the culprit but that doesn't help either. Anyone have any ideas here on what the problem may be or what I should try to remedy the problem?
Old 11-05-2005, 11:30 AM
wrencher

Likely is a hydraulic problem. You can either nit pick at it & see if it goes away. Like first flush the fluid, then replace the master. Or you can just bite the bullet get it over with & replace the hydraulic's. All stock?
Old clutch? Do it too while your in there.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:11 AM
Staging Lane

Mine was engaging 1/2 inch off the floor then not fully disengaging it was like having an automatic stop at a light clutch in and take foot off brake car would creep forward like an auto. Really hard to get in and out of gear especially 1st and Reverse.
Put in new '02 slave and Master.
Same problem.
Made new master adjustable.
Problem fixed.
Only problem threaded the rod down too far onto the hollow part a week later snapped it off. Put in the new adjustable rod with only about ahalf inch of threads, been working fine. If it snaps I'll get the McLeod.