Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Replacing Poly Tranny Mount, need help

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 04:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Replacing Poly Tranny Mount, need help

Ok I have done the Poly tranny mount and quite frankly I don't like it. Transmits way too much vibrations and more exhaust noise (or so it seems) inside the car than I like.

I have ripped the OEM mount.... so I want to avoid OEM mounts. what replacement brands are out there that are a harder durometer rubber?

I have heard conflicting details on the availability 1LE mount, so not sure if that is an option. I hear Moog is somewhat comparable to the 1Le mount, but I cannot find an online distributor, nor a local one that carries the mount.

Are there any others? I have Uhoh Zones, O'Reilly's, and Advanced Auto Parts in the Area to choose from and they all carry different brands of tranny mounts
Old 11-14-2005, 04:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If the poly bothers you then you might as well just go back to the stock rubber type. I've got 400rwhp and it does just fine with it on street tires, plus they're cheap. I'm pretty sure the stopped making the 1LE mount . Good luck with your search.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I put a stocker back in mine after running the poly. I paid $60 shipped. The 1LE hasn't been offered for over a year now. The new stocker was much stiffer than my "ripped" mount, but it was also 1/4" to 1/2" taller. Now my Y pipe bangs everytime the clutch chatters. I'm thinking about putting washers under my cross member to move it back down.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:56 PM

I would just replace it with the stocker.

Quick Reply: Replacing Poly Tranny Mount, need help