Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

problem with clutch

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 10:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default problem with clutch

i did my engine swap and also installed a new clutch. i connected the master to the slave with the engine/trans out of the car and bled it some to get it close. and installed everything. when it was all in i knew it still needed to be bled so we started bleeding . my friend didnt watch the resevoir close enough and it ran dry and now the pedal just drops to the floor when you start to depress it. it also makes a sound like its sucking air. anyone have any tips?
Old 11-15-2005, 11:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

even after you filled it w/fluid it makes noise?, and your sure its all bled?, figure if the master went dry it could have scored the seal, check for leaks inside where the master comes through the firewall...
Old 11-16-2005, 12:39 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i checked and there was a very small drip or 2
Old 11-16-2005, 01:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yep, you must have scored the seal in the master and its leaking, cant remember if there's a rubber cover and that may be filled w/fluid also, your gonna need a new master, unless that one's rebuildable, not sure on that though..... you might find a used one, alot of people have upgraded master's when changing clutches and have the stocker's collecting dust somewhere...

Quick Reply: problem with clutch