Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

McCleod Master help

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 11:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default McCleod Master help

Hey,
Im trying to install my mcleod adjustable master and the line from the stock reservior is really loose on the nipple of the mcleod master. The instructions say secure with the provided ziptie. It would be possible to get it so it stays on but theres no way that will make an airtight seal. Has anyone else run into this problem? I think maybe they put the wrong size nipple on the master.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:23 AM
TECH Regular

I had the same problem. You're one step ahead of me because I didn't even get a zip-tie. I ho-hummed about stupid product designers for a little bit, then put it on with nothing securing it, thinking that the fitting just has to withstand the pressure of a standing fluild column above it.

Long story short I went to vaccum bleed it and started sucking a bunch of air in through that fitting. I tore the M/C out and used a hose clamp on it (the notched metal bands with the screw you turn). It's been working flawlessly ever since.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:59 AM
11 Second Club

LOL! I had the same train of thought as far as thinking it just had the pressure from above and threw it in last night. I spent hours trying to get a pedal and I couldnt get one. I was already planning on trying a hose clamp this morning before I even read this. At least now I know it will work. Great minds think alike, eh