Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

wtf?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 06:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wtf?

ok here is whats up, my rear got broke up recently and once i got that fixed i realized i had tranny trouble. the clutch is definately messed up i know that much. if i'm going over 10-15mph downshifting into 2nd grinds pretty damn bad w/ the clutch all the way in. 5th and 6th gear grinds bad too. is the clutch my only issue or is there some other issues there as well? by the way there was no issues until the rear broke. the rear broke because of bad wheel hop it chipped a tooth and like an idiot i kept driving on it and when i was just cruising down the high way it stripped a bunch of teeth off and was jumping bad and stuff. oh yeah, tranny isn't visibly damaged, the tailshaft seal isn't even torn. thanks
Old 12-09-2005, 06:56 PM
TECH Addict

It keeps grinding then? I don't think that's a sign of clutch damage, it sounds more like you have tranny problems which is more expensive. If it were the clutch, you'd be experiencing it slipping. Another thing to try first is to flush out your old hydraulic fluid with new stuff, then bleed the living day lights out of it. If this doesn't fix your grinding issues (which could be caused by the clutch not fully disengaging), then have someone take a look at your tranny. Hope you get things sorted out.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

maybe a sync. prob??