Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Help with clutch pedal

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 02:21 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with clutch pedal

I recently put in a ram powergrip clutch in my car, I reused the slave cylinder and replaced the throwout and pilot bearing. I've been having a problem with the clutch pedal, first it engages all the way at the ground, so when I'm trying to race and i go to shift, i have to have the pedal touching the ground or it'll grind when i go to shift into the next gear. Second Its been real cold lately, when my car has been sitting all night in around 20 degree weather and I go to start it in the morning, and I push the clutch pedal down it feels real sloppy, and when i release the pedal it only goes back up a little bit, I can take my foot underneath and lift it up a few more inches and then when i move my foot it goes back down, once the car and everything gets hot it goes away. The only thing I could think of is air in the system? and would air in the system effect where the pedal grabs? The cars a 2000 t/a ws6, thanks for any help.
Old 12-11-2005, 03:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, your problem is air in the system. Did you bleed it?
Old 12-11-2005, 06:19 PM
Launching!

I did, but when I did my clutch it was october and was still fairly warm, so the problem wasn't as apparent.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:05 PM
On The Tree

Exactly what P said! Since you are also saying it has changed with the weather, I would say bleed it, bleed it, bleed it. When you are done, do it again. It took me ten times to get my pedal perfect.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Clutch bleeding is a weird thing, you can do it over and over one way and never make it any better. Then you can try a different method and it works the first time. I forgot to ask, you don't have a mcleod master cylinder do you? And did you notice any black stuff in the fluid recently?
Old 12-11-2005, 09:22 PM
Launching!

stock master and stock slave, the fluid that came out of the line when I took it off the slave was black
Old 12-11-2005, 10:10 PM
On The Tree

Ohhh, Black is bad...Go ahead and save for that adjustable Mcleod. Nice peice ( I personally like it, but it is a bitch to bleed.

Quick Reply: Help with clutch pedal