Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Help.....what went wrong?.......

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 01:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help..Clutch won't fully disengauge!?!.......

Ok gang,

My clutch used to engage all the way at the top of the stroke. Just recently it began to engage after maybe 1/8 the way down. Occasionally when letting out the clutch, I will get a howling sound from it, but usually only when its cold and I first start off my day.

Now today I decided to step on it a bit and did an good 4k shift from 1st to 2nd gear. No problems whatsoever, until I took it out of second and tried for third, which was at about 2.5K rpms, nothing hard at all, it would not go back into any gear.

I then pulled over, and turned the car off. Falls right into gear. So I depress the clutch, put it in gear and start the car, and it begins to roll slowly. Obviously the clutch is not fully disengauging.

I have a SPEC clutch and pressure plate. It was in the car when I bought it, and the car has 38K on it. The pedal is still firm. No slippage, burnt smells, or anything funny. It just will not fully disengauge to shift properly.

So what gives? Did a bend a shifter fork? Is there a cable? Can I do some simple home repair adjustment? Or does this mean an expensive trip to the tranny shop for me?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by jaxnorth; 12-16-2005 at 02:38 PM.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

check fluid level