Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Ticking Noise

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 04:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ticking Noise

I had a new clutch put in about 3 weeks ago, and ever since the new clutch was in, there was this ticking noise. It starts a slow, soft ticking at around 30mph, but as you go faster, the ticking goes quicker and gets louder. I have tried to deaden the sound but that didn't work. What could it be causing that ticking noise? any help I would greatly appreciate it, thanks!
Old 01-26-2006, 04:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does it happen at a stand still with the trans in neutral and if so does it change with engine RPM? How about with the clutch in and with the clutch out not moving and in neutral?
Old 01-26-2006, 09:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No, you dont hear it at a stand still. Not moving, in nuetral, reving the engine up to 4,000RPM, makes no ticking noise. But once you are moving, 30mph or above, you start to hear it. If you are doing 40mph, then put it in neutral and let the car coast, not reving it, just coasting, you hear the ticking still until the car gets to about 5mph. It only makes noise when the car is in motion. I can turn the music on and drone it out, but its jst something that I don't want there. Please someone help!!!!
Old 01-27-2006, 12:43 AM
On The Tree

I just got my clutch, and also has the ticking noise. It dosnt start until I drive for about a minute. Then it is still ticking in neutral. Did you happen to get a New master cylinder with your clutch change?. I popd the hood and the ticking was coming from the master cylinder area. Im about to take it back to the shop. Ill let your know wha tthey say.
good luck
Old 01-27-2006, 08:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well i had the clutch/flywheel/slave all installed, but I didnt do the master. I did the master like 1 week later, but it was making the noise as soon as I left the shop the first day I had the clutch in. After the master it still made the same noise. Its almost like a metallic ticking noise.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

anyone? please help...

Quick Reply: Ticking Noise