Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

trans help quick!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 12:27 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trans help quick!

i was driveing home form work today and lost 2nd gear. i was just outside of skipshift range put it into 2nd and BANG!. whenever i put it in it just reves up. i think the syncros have been out sicne i bought the car so ive been driveing a ticking time bomb. any suggestions on removal of the tranny, this is the first time i will be removeing the trans from the car. im not a complete novice at trans work but i am by no means "the expert". its a t-56 on a 98 SS. any help is greatly apreceated
Brad
PS or possibly a shop on the NW(spring side of houston) that does good tranny work..
Old 01-29-2006, 12:33 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Give me a call. I do not pull them but I use 1 good shop that does. I can have a fairly quick turn around since you are local.

Thanks,
Joe
832-488-0533
Old 01-29-2006, 12:33 PM
FormerVendor

I am off FM 529 and HWY 6 also.

Thanks
Joe
Old 01-29-2006, 06:49 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well im to the point of droping the tranny down from the car, just ran out of light. will probly tinker on it some more tommarow and finish the tear down then see how bad it really is... i fear the worst.
Joe i will probly call you tommarow afternoon (about 4ish) to get some priceing and head any advice you may have for me, since im on a tight budget. (just bought the car DEC 2nd)
if anyone has a good resource for a shop manual or just something better then the crap from chiltons, LMK, i may try my hand at repairing it.
Brad
Old 01-29-2006, 08:43 PM
FormerVendor

Brad,

That sounds good. My labor is $350 and with my rebuilds I offer a 1 year warranty. If you want the warranty it might benefit you to bring it to me for the rebuild but if you are on a budget I sure understand that. I keep parts in stock for them so turn around should be fairly quick (as long as something out of the ordinary like a cluster is not wrong). I think you will need a new 2nd gear as I would bet you broke the slider teeth on the gear itself. I also have viper take out gears that have no miles on them for less than the new gear costs. I rebuild units for a viper shop and usually they have 0-100 miles on them when I get it. Give me a call anytime you want.

Thanks,
Joe

Quick Reply: trans help quick!