Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

How much can it take?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 08:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question How much can it take?

Was up fellas? Im new to the forum( not really ive been on here reading for a while, i finally got a ws6 and joined)and to the fbody world, i just bought a 98 ws6 m6 with 90000 miles on it. it has a slp catback and slp lid.

Sorry dont have any pics to show ya yet, but ill get ahold of some. But my delima is, the previous owner installed a z06 clutch and flywheel about 6months before i got ahold of her, which im in love with i might add, what kind of abuse can the z06 clutch and flywheel take? IM a maintenance freak when it comes to my babes, and i want to take care of her to the best of my ability.

Last thing, what kind of abuse can these cars take?? does lightin up the tires a lil bit and gettin a lil sideways do alot of damage? I appreciate all the help in advance, take it easy.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by MidNight98ws6
Was up fellas? Im new to the forum( not really ive been on here reading for a while, i finally got a ws6 and joined)and to the fbody world, i just bought a 98 ws6 m6 with 90000 miles on it. it has a slp catback and slp lid.

Sorry dont have any pics to show ya yet, but ill get ahold of some. But my delima is, the previous owner installed a z06 clutch and flywheel about 6months before i got ahold of her, which im in love with i might add, what kind of abuse can the z06 clutch and flywheel take? IM a maintenance freak when it comes to my babes, and i want to take care of her to the best of my ability.

Last thing, what kind of abuse can these cars take?? does lightin up the tires a lil bit and gettin a lil sideways do alot of damage? I appreciate all the help in advance, take it easy.
you dont worry about damaging fbodies by getting sideways or lightning em up, thats what they were made for

and anyways, anything you break can get put back together stronger
Old 02-22-2006, 12:49 PM
Teching In

Thanks pal. Thats all i needed to know
Old 02-22-2006, 04:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its fine to show off but don't do it to much. you WILL wreck/total it if you do. it will also make the local law watch you like a hawk. most of all, when you do wreck it, OUR rates will go up some more haha

good luck with your new pride and joy!

Quick Reply: How much can it take?