Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

bleed question

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 08:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default bleed question

Newby question, clutch pedal feel a little soft and sometimes it's hard to shift into gear after spec stage 2 installed, I'm going to try to bleed the clutch to see if that fix the problem. Can someone tell me how to take that disconnect off? I've been pulling and pushing on it for 30 minutes now and can't get it to come out. Any tips on bleeding the clutch will also be appreciated.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:52 PM
Launching!

"I'm going to try to bleed the clutch. Can someone tell me how to take that disconnect off?"

What is it you're trying to bleed? There is no need to remove anything to do so. There is an extended bleeder on the slave cylinder allowing you to bleed the hydraulic system.

With a helper, pump and hold the pedal, crack the bleeder, snug the bleeder and release the pedal. Repeat as necessary.

If you need a remote bleeder let me know.

Steve

Originally Posted by jblackbird
Newby question, clutch pedal feel a little soft and sometimes it's hard to shift into gear after spec stage 2 installed, I'm going to try to bleed the clutch to see if that fix the problem. Can someone tell me how to take that disconnect off? I've been pulling and pushing on it for 30 minutes now and can't get it to come out. Any tips on bleeding the clutch will also be appreciated.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:53 PM
On The Tree

There is a white plastic ring that you need to push in to release the spring fingers. it helps if you push the connector in as you push the white ring in. The bleeder valve is located just above the connector. You bleed it similar to bleeding brakes. Pump the petal three times and hold, release the pressure in the valve, close the valve and repeat.

You need to disconnect the fitting to bleed.
Old 02-26-2006, 02:46 AM
TECH Regular

yup these guys said it all

Quick Reply: bleed question