Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

quickie clutch ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 01:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default quickie clutch ?

if i put a cam like an ms3 or something in my car, how will my stock clutch hold up, dd, no racing except from a roll

only other mods will be exhaust and lid
Old 03-01-2006, 01:38 PM
12 Second Club

I put my cam in my car @ around 76,000 miles (see sig for cam specs). I daily drove it and never raced at the track. The only racing i did on it was from a roll maybe about 6 or 7 times total. And i didn't have the headers and true duals yet.....i was still running stock manifolds and catback. I just got done replacing my clutch at 79,000 miles due to excessive clutch slippage. So i guess it just depends really but i would atleast be looking at clutches and start saving some money for one b/c there is a new clutch needed in your near future.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

i also only have 33k on my car and stock clutch

i got the car at 27k and i know it was babied and not raced by the previous owner, this older couple who owned an oil change shop was the only previous owner

all im trying to say is there hasnt been exces damage to the clutch as of yet, where in your case it mightve been nearing time for a clutch just from more miles on your car, i dont know