Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

M6 Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 05:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question M6 Clutch

looking at some clutches like the SPEC 3 - Exedy - Centerforce - McLeod - Ram they all say the same things pretty much i dirve the SS regularly and i need a high performance clutch because i take it to the track every so often and the stock one slips. I am also modding it and need a better one. help me! also when getting a new clutch is it better to go ahead and get a aluminum flywheel or use the stock one?

also the stock M6 how much power will it hold up to?

ive searched but ive found as many good answers as i have against the clutch they are talking about like spec 3 for example people love it or hate it.

let me know 2nd post ive made on this didnt get but 1 reply.
Old 03-16-2006, 05:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dont forget about the LS7 clutch
Old 03-16-2006, 08:49 PM
TECH Addict

I just put a Spec 3 in my car seems like a good clutch having some chatter but I called spec and their customer service is great which would make me want to buy from them in the furture. They said to wait till its broken in and if its still their we will take it from their

Another thing to remember is SPEC sells ALOT of clutches so of course their are goin to be some problems with some of them
Old 03-16-2006, 09:15 PM
On The Tree

I really like my RPS clutch its real smooth compared to my old spec 3. I'll find out how it likes et streets soon though
Old 03-16-2006, 09:33 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Starz T/A 17
I just put a Spec 3 in my car seems like a good clutch having some chatter but I called spec and their customer service is great which would make me want to buy from them in the furture. They said to wait till its broken in and if its still their we will take it from their

Another thing to remember is SPEC sells ALOT of clutches so of course their are goin to be some problems with some of them
Yeah, their customer service is so great that when my SPEC 3 took a dump on me after 10 weeks, they suggested that the reason was because my hydraulics were trashed. I'd trade my T/A and $750 for a old Chevette before I'll ever buy another clutch from SPEC.

Quick Reply: M6 Clutch