Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

problem..HELP PLEASE M6

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 08:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default problem..HELP PLEASE M6

ok so my clutch likes to grind while shifting quick(mopstly in 4th and 5th), it wants to pop out of gear(1st from a stop), and is extremly hard to put in 3rd. the 3rd gear problem is only at while slow shift.. ok say i'm at a stop with the car in N and go to put it in 1st it will move forward. u hear it almost like a clunk when it goes into gear.

someone please help don't know if i should start on the tranny or what.

Thanks,
Brad
Old 03-16-2006, 08:52 PM
12 Second Club

sounds like you have a dragging clutch, check your pedal free play. could be a bad release fork,pressureplate. but prolly something dealing with the slave
Old 03-17-2006, 12:50 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you could have a problem dealing with the transmission. How many miles are on your T56? It could be your synchros going out or your sliders are worn out. You also might want to check the fluid level or just drain and fill the trans again just to be sure. I dont think that it is your clutch judging by the way you were talking about the problems you were having. At best as far as the clutch goes it might be a hydraulic problem. I think that you should attempt to bleed it and start there. It only goes up hill form that part on as far as difficulty.
Old 03-17-2006, 01:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

I changed the fluid and flushed my hydraulics and it did wonders for the overall driving experience. Not 100% new feeling, but it feels a lot better than what it did.